Trike Stand

Since my tadpole project is to the point where I needed one, and since we just bought a used (sadly, badly) trike for my wife, that will need a LOT of work, I decided I needed a work stand.

The idea of buying new was ridiculous, of course, so I decided to make one.
I've seen them made from 2x4's, PVC pipe, etc, etc, and in hindsight, that probably would have been quicker and simpler.
But I saw that I had this old weight lifting bench on my scrap pile, and the light bulb went off.

The weight bench was conveniently made from 3 sizes of nesting square tubing, and after some cutting, welding, and a lot of head-scratching, I had a completely adjustable, articulated, and all-direction-expandable trike stand, complete with purple yoga mat padding, and all it cost me was time, and a little electricity.
Once everything is tightened down, it's absolutely rigid - More so than the B&D Workmate it's clamped into :unsure:

trike_stand_u3kvdh.jpg

That's nice and whilst the Workmate is not the firmest jelly in the box least it all packs away into a small area for the weeks and weeks it is not needed.

Paul

I just built a work stand using a Workmate. Basically a 2x4 wood "T" shape and some rubber boat rollers. The two pieces hang on the wall so there's less stuff to sweep around on the floor.

Click for DIY Plans!
Back